Are you a primary care practitioner interested in developing your sexual and reproductive healthcare knowledge and skills?
Then our SRH Essentials in Primary Care course is for you.
The SRH Essentials Course is aimed specifically at healthcare practitioners working in primary care and community settings. It provides an interactive day with scenario-based learning, presentations, time for discussion, questions and role play. It is relevant for those needing an introduction to SRH and also provides a useful update for more experienced staff. SRH Essentials is not a competency-based course, and it is not assessed.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Develop the skills and confidence to consult with patients about their sexual and reproductive healthcare needs
- Recommend an appropriate method of emergency contraception
- Review the COC, POP and injection contraceptive methods
- Carry out sexual health risk assessments
- Identify when patients are at risk of STIs
Who is this course for?
- Physicians Associates
- Other Healthcare Professionals working in Primary Care
“Thoroughly informative day, very well presented” Practice nurse, Preston
To be eligible to register on an Essentials course, you must have a GMC, NMC, GPhC or PAMVR number. This will be checked by the Lead Facilitator of your course.
Cost: £55.00 plus VAT (£66). (£66). The subsidised cost includes lunch, all refreshments and a course work book. The cost can be invoiced to your practice or place of work.
To book your place please follow this link: https://forms.gle/zWqsPz7zrcp1Juvx6
*Please note places are limited and will only be guaranteed on receipt of payment.
This session will be delivered by Dr Nicola Mullin and facilitated by HCP Ed-UK